Buffalo, NY – The Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association (BNBA) regretfully announces that the 2018 Canadian American Beer Festival scheduled for April 7, 2018 at the Conference and Event Center in Niagara Falls, NY has been postponed to April 13th 2019 at the Conference & Event Center in Niagara Falls USA.
The event has been postponed as a result of an issue regarding bringing product over the border that despite everyone’s best efforts could not be resolved in a timely manner. All tickets that have been sold will be refunded.
“We are extremely disappointed to have to postpone the Can-Am festival, but given that we discovered an insurmountable issue with our 2018 import method only a few weeks away from the event, we thought it was best to postpone for this year,” said BNBA president Willard Brooks. “The good news is that we have sourced a very experienced Import Agent that has agreed to enter into discussions with us to facilitate and resolve the border issues for 2019 – this gives us complete confidence that we will have a solid partner to advise us as we move forward to 2019 and beyond.”
So as not to miss the opportunity to taste the cross border collaborative efforts of Canadian and American brewers, there will be separate tasting events on each side of the border being billed as the “Can Am Beer Fest – WNY BETA” in Buffalo on April 8th featuring WNY-made CanAm Collabs and the “Can Am Beer Fest – Ontario BETA” in Hamilton, ON on May 5th featuring Ontario-made CanAm Collabs.
In the U.S. the event will take place as a tap takeover on April 8th from Noon onward at Pizza Plant at 7770 Transit Rd. Admission is free with special flight pricing to be published closer to the event. The event includes exclusive samplings of the WNY-made CanAm Collabs, a la carte food, and the chance to interact with the brewers who made the beers. Pizza Plant Canalside & Transit will also make select WNY-CanAm Collab brews available on tap the week after the event as well as at the taprooms of each producing brewery.
- 4 Mile is hosting Grand River
- 5 & 20 is hosting Oast House
- 12 Gates is hosting Nickel Brook
- 42 North is hosting Shawn & Ed
- Big Ditch is hosting Beau’s
- Buffalo Brewing Co is hosting Railway City
- Community Beer Works is hosting Redline Brewhouse
- Resurgence is hosting Collective Arts
- Ellicottville is hosting Flying Monkeys
- Flying Bison is hosting Great Lakes
- Hamburg is hosting Brimstone
- New York Beer Project is hosting Royal City
- Southern Tier is hosting Wellington
- Thin Man is hosting Block 3
- Westshore is hosting Niagara Teaching Brewery
- Woodcock Brothers is hosting Cowbell
- Rusty Nickel is hosting Lock Street
In Ontario, the event will take place Saturday May 5 from 2 to 6pm at Augusta’s Winking Judge craft beer bar at 25 Augusta St in Hamilton Ontario (1.905.524.5626). Tickets can be purchased directly at the Winking Judge. Tickets are $50 Canadian and include exclusive samplings of all Ontario-made CanAm Collabs, food, a commemorative beer stein and the chance to interact with the brewers who made the beers. As well, the week after the event select CanAm collabs will be on tap at both the Winking Judge as well as at the tap rooms of each producing brewery.
- Brimstone is hosting Rusty Nickel
- Beau’s is hosting Flying Bison
- Block 3 is hosting Resurgence
- Cowbell is hosting New York Beer Project
- Grand River is hosting 12 Gates
- Collective Arts is hosting Hamburg
- Flying Monkeys is hosting Woodcock Brothers
- Niagara Teaching Brewery is hosting Buffalo Brewing Company
- Oast House is hosting Southern Tier
- Nickel Brook is hosting Ellicottville Brewing Company
- Shawn & Ed are hosting Community Beer Works
- Railway City is hosting Westshore Brewing Company
- Redline Brewhouse is hosting Thin Man Brewing
- Royal City is hosting 42 North
- Wellington is hosting 4 Mile
- Lock Street is hosting 5 & 20
For more information please see the CanAm website at as the beer list will be updated continuously as the final details of the collaboration beers become available