Toronto, Ontario – Ontario’s sixth annual Ontario Craft Beer Week will run from Friday, June 12 until Sunday, June 21, 2015 (Father’s Day). Hosted by 50+ Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB), the festival features hundreds of craft beer-themed, grassroots events held in cities and towns throughout the province.
“It’s not too early to start planning for craft beer season,” says Darren Smith, Chair, Ontario Craft Beer Week 2014 and President of Lake of Bays Brewing. “OCB Week is a way for Ontarians to try craft beer, meet the passionate people making the beer and support Ontario’s proud and thriving industry.”
REAL PEOPLE, REAL BEER
The goal of Ontario Craft Brewers’ week-long, province-wide festival is to celebrate the local craft beer scene and expose consumers to the premium quality and culture of Ontario craft beer. OCB breweries host events on-site at their breweries, in pubs, restaurants, and event venues throughout the entire province.
It’s the best time of the year to get out, meet and enjoy the proud products produced by Ontario Craft Brewers. This year’s festival will include a major social media contest encouraging craft beer lovers to “bring a friend” or “introduce a newbie” to the fresh taste and variety of Ontario craft beer (details TBA).
Since its launch in 2009, OCB Week has grown in size and scope, with more breweries, pubs and people participating in craft beer events and tastings. Last year, Ontario Craft Beer Week 2014 consisted of over 300+ beer experiences in 50+ towns and cities across the province.
This year’s craft beer week promises more craft beer experiences, such as:
- OCB Collab beer: An Ontario craft brewery collaboration beer will be brewed at Great Lakes Brewery and sold at licensees and events across the province. (Details TBA).
- Large-scale tasting festivals across the province: including: Ontario Craft Beer Week Official Launch Event on Thursday, June 11th at Ontario Place (stay tuned for details TBA).
- Session Craft Beer Festival, Yonge & Dundas Square (June 13, 14):
- This annual Toronto OCB Week festival features lots of OCB member breweries and ‘Collaboration Nation’, where craft breweries team with celebrity partners to create unique craft beers. Vote for your favourite and the winner will be chosen to have their product featured across the province at LCBO
- Tickets on sale now from www.sessiontoronto.ca
- Toronto Wine & Spirit Festival, Sugar Beach (June 18, 19, 20) Toronto’s 7th annual outdoor wine & spirit and CRAFT BEER festival.
- Beach BBQ & Brews Festival at Woodbine Beach on Father’s Day Weekend (June 19 â€“ 21, 2015) Another OCB Week annual mainstay! This family-friendly FREE EVENT offers great BBQ, Live Music, Children’s Area with rides, BBQ competitions, Grilling Demonstrations, and several Ontario Craft Brewers.
- Ajax BeerFest (Saturday, June 20, 2015) Ajax’s FIRST beer festival by the Rotary Club of Ajax. Ajax Community Centre, HMS Ajax Room — Check out their website and listen to their catchy theme song #itsallaboutthebeer http://www.ajaxbeerfest.com/home.html
- Kawartha Craft Beer Festival (Saturday, June 20, 2015) Peterborough’s first big outdoor craft beer festival (stay tuned for more deets)
- OCB Week finishes Father’s Day: This year OCB Week ENDS on Father’s Day so go ahead and make Dad’s day by touring your local craft brewery or taking him to a Father’s Day tasting event.
- Visit your local brewery: Tours, tastings and meet the people behind the brands; brewmasters, owners, sales and production people.
- Craft beer 101: experience beer tastings and food pairings with the experts, including cheese, BBQ & chocolate.
- One-offs, keg swaps, casks & collaborations: Taste new, creative and collaborative brews not normally available.
- Craft beer and music/art: Battle of the Brewery Bands and other indie music and art events.
- Pub crawls: Hook up with pals and brewery reps and taste your way through multiple craft-friendly licensees.
- Brewery Tours: Contact breweries directly or sign up for a regional beer tour, such as: the Old Toronto Beer TourTM by Toronto Beer Lovers Tour Co., http://www.beerloverstour.com/toronto.html
OR Ontario Group of Touring Companies, Ontario Craft Brewery Tours http://www.ontariogroupoftouringcompanies.com/en-CA/ontario-craft-brewery-tours/ OR Brew Donkey Ottawa regional Brewery Tours – http://www.brewdonkey.ca/collections/ottawa-brewery-tour
Interested parties with event ideas or requests should contact their local craft brewery or send an email to email@example.com.
GET PRIMED WITH THE OCB WEEK VIDEO!