Toronto, Ontario – Ontario’s eighth annual Ontario Craft Beer Week will run from Saturday, June 10 until Sunday, June 18, 2017 (Father’s Day). Hosted by 80+ Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB), the festival features craft beer-themed, grassroots events held in cities and towns throughout the province.
“Our theme this year, Creating Connections, really speaks to the authenticity and camaraderie of the independent craft beer movement,” says Kristin MacDonald, Field Marketing Manager, Muskoka Brewery and chair of Ontario Craft Beer Week 2017. “Through sampling events, festivals, brewery tours and beer dinners, Ontarians can taste quality craft beer and connect with the passionate people behind craft beer in this province.”
The goal of Ontario Craft Brewers’ week-long, province-wide festival is to celebrate the local craft beer scene and expose consumers to the premium quality and culture of Ontario craft beer. OCB breweries host events on-site at their breweries, in pubs, restaurants, retail and event venues throughout the entire province.
This year’s craft beer week promises more authentic craft beer experiences, including:
- OCB Week Concludes Father’s Day: Go ahead and make Dad’s day by touring your local craft brewery or taking him to a Father’s Day tasting event.
- Several tasting festivals across the province: including: Session Craft Beer Festival & OCB Week media launch on Saturday, June 10th at Yonge Dundas Square. This annual Toronto OCB Week festival features lots of OCB member breweries and ‘Collaboration Nation’, where craft breweries team with celebrity partners to create unique craft beers. Tickets on sale now from www.sessiontoronto.ca
- Visit your local brewery: Tours, tastings and meet the people behind the brands; brewmasters, owners, sales and production people.
- Craft beer 101: experience beer tastings and food pairings with the experts, including cheese, BBQ & chocolate.
- One-offs, keg swaps, casks & collaborations: Taste new, creative and collaborative brews not normally available.
- Craft beer and music/art: Battle of the Brewery Bands and other indie music and art events.
- Pub crawls: Hook up with pals and brewery reps and taste your way through multiple craft-friendly licensees.
- Brewery Tours: Contact breweries directly or sign up for a regional beer tour at one of several craft beer touring facilities in the province.
- D-I-Y OCB Week: Buy local craft beer from your local retailer and craft your own local fun!
Interested parties with event ideas or requests should contact their local craft brewery or send an email to email@example.com