Toronto, Ontario – Ontario’s seventh annual Ontario Craft Beer Week will run from Friday, June 10 until Sunday, June 19, 2016 (Father’s Day). Hosted by 70+ Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB), the festival features hundreds of craft beer-themed, grassroots events held in cities and towns throughout the province.
“Ontario Craft Beer Week is a great way for Ontarians to taste craft beer, connect with the passionate people making the beer and support Ontario’s proud and thriving industry,” says Darren Smith, vice chair, Ontario Craft Brewers and president of Lake of Bays Brewing.
REAL PEOPLE, REAL CRAFT BEER
The goal of Ontario Craft Brewers’ week-long, province-wide festival is to celebrate the local craft beer scene and expose consumers to the premium quality and culture of Ontario craft beer. OCB breweries host events on-site at their breweries, in pubs, restaurants, and event venues throughout the entire province.
It’s the best time of the year to get out, meet and enjoy the proud products produced by Ontario Craft Brewers. The festival includes major PR and social media push encouraging craft beer lovers to support their locals and “bring a friend” or “introduce a newbie” to the fresh taste and variety of Ontario craft beer.
Since its launch in 2009, OCB Week has grown in size and scope, with more breweries, pubs and people participating in craft beer events and tastings. Last year, Ontario Craft Beer Week 2015 consisted of over 300+ beer experiences in 50+ towns and cities across the province.
This year’s craft beer week promises more craft beer experiences, including:
- OCB Week Ends Father’s Day: This year OCB Week finishes on Father’s Day so go ahead and make Dad’s day by touring your local craft brewery or taking him to a Father’s Day tasting event.
- Several tasting festivals across the province: including: Ontario Craft Beer Week Official Launch Event & Public Sampling on Friday, June 10th at Steam Whistle Brewing. Stay tuned for details.
- Session Craft Beer Festival, Yonge & Dundas Square (June 11):
- This annual Toronto OCB Week festival features lots of OCB member breweries and ‘Collaboration Nation’, where craft breweries team with celebrity partners to create unique craft beers. Tickets on sale now from www.sessiontoronto.ca
- Beach BBQ & Brews Festival at Woodbine Beach on Father’s Day Weekend (June 17 – 19, 2015) Another OCB Week annual mainstay! This family-friendly FREE EVENT offers great BBQ, Live Music, Children’s Area with rides, BBQ competitions, Grilling Demonstrations, and several Ontario Craft Brewers.
- Visit your local brewery: Tours, tastings and meet the people behind the brands; brewmasters, owners, sales and production people.
- Craft beer 101: experience beer tastings and food pairings with the experts, including cheese, BBQ & chocolate.
- One-offs, keg swaps, casks & collaborations: Taste new, creative and collaborative brews not normally available.
- Craft beer and music/art: Battle of the Brewery Bands and other indie music and art events.
- Pub crawls: Hook up with pals and brewery reps and taste your way through multiple craft-friendly licensees.
- Brewery Tours: Contact breweries directly or sign up for a regional beer tour, such as: the Old Toronto Beer TourTM by Toronto Beer Lovers Tour Co., http://www.beerloverstour.com/toronto.html
OR Ontario Group of Touring Companies, Ontario Craft Brewery Tours http://www.ontariogroupoftouringcompanies.com/en-CA/ontario-craft-brewery-tours/
OR Brew Donkey Ottawa regional Brewery Tours – http://www.brewdonkey.ca/collections/ottawa-brewery-tour
Interested parties with event ideas or requests should contact their local craft brewery or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Ontario Craft Brewers, visit www.ontariocraftbrewers.com.