Toronto, Ontario – It’s time to raise a glass to the 9th annual Ontario Craft Beer Week, hosted by Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB). The association’s 90+ members, along with other independent craft brewers across the province, are holding various events and activities.
- Father’s Day Ale Trail: Ontario Craft Beer Week finishes on Father’s Day, so go ahead and make dad’s day by joining him on a craft beer bus tour. The tour departs from The Wooly Pub and includes stops at Wellington Brewery, Royal City Brewing, and Brothers Brewing. Tickets are on sale now at www.eventbrite.com.
- Several tasting shows across the province: Including Session Toronto on Saturday, June 9, from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Yonge Dundas Square. This annual Toronto Ontario Craft Beer Week event features multiple OCB member breweries and ‘Collaboration Nation’, where craft breweries team with celebrity partners to create unique craft beers. Tickets are on sale at www.sessiontoronto.ca.
- Visit your local brewery: Tours, tastings and meeting the people behind the brands; brewmasters, owners, sales and production staff.
- Craft beer 101: Experience beer tastings and food pairings with the experts, including cheese, BBQ & chocolate.
- One-offs, keg swaps, casks & features: Taste new, creative and limited edition brews that are not normally available to the public.
- Craft beer festivals: Join in on one of the many festivals happening during Ontario Craft Beer Week in multiple cities including the Kawartha Craft Beer Festival (www.kawarthacraftbeerfestival.com), Newmarket Craft Beer Festival (www.newmarketcraftbeerfest.com) and Ottawa Beer Festival (www.ottawabeerfest.com). Tickets for these events are on sale now.
- Pub crawls: Hook up with pals and brewery reps to taste your way through multiple craft-friendly licensees.
- Brewery tours: Contact breweries directly or sign up for a regional beer tour at one of several craft beer touring facilities in the province.