Burlington, Ontario – Nickel Brook announced today that it will be releasing a new small-batch specialty beer from its Funk Lab facility every month for the next twelve months in the Funk Lab Series. A limited number of bottles will be available at the Bottle Shop and through the new online store on the first Saturday of every month, with kegs rolling out to select bars the following week.
“We had some of our most exciting and experimental releases last year, and we’re excited to try even more fun stuff this year” said Matt Gibson, Marketing Manager. “The brewers have come up with some really out-there recipes that we know our fans are going to love. It’s going to be a good year for sour beer lovers.”
A full list of the planned beers has been released, starting with The Pineapple Incident, a dry-hopped Gose with pineapple juice and Azacca hops, debuting February 3rd. Other planned brews include a Sour IPA, a barrel-aged stout with coconut and cacao nibs, and three different barrel-aged sours known as Permutations. Bars pouring the unique creations on draught will be announced closer to each release.
- February – The Pineapple Incident – Pineapple Dry-Hopped Gose
- March – Soursop & Tangerine Uber Berlinerweisse
- April – Only Nerds Would Known – Sour Hopfenweisse
- May – In a Galaxy Far, Far Away – Sour IPA
- June – Permutation No. 1 – Barrel Sour
- July – Crop Circles – Sour Saison w Spices
- August – Plum Uber Berlinerweisse
- September – Permutation No. 2 – Barrel Sour
- October – Florida Forensics – Blood Orange Table Beer
- November – Bastardized: Tangerines – Fruited Stout
- December – Permutation No. 3 – Barrel Sour
- January 2019 – Kon-Tiki Bastard – Coconut and Cacao Nib Kentucky Bastard